• Rattray earned two podium finishes in the '12 Monster Energy AMA Supercross 250SX West Region Championship series, and competed in the '12 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross 450cc Championship series for Monster Energy Kawasaki where he earned a moto win at Southwick.
• His first full season of AMA Supercross Lites West region where he earned two podiums at Anaheim 1 and San Diego to finish seventh overall. Rattray placed second in the AMA Motocross 250cc Championship after capturing four overall victories.
• Sat out of the supercross series while recovering from injury. Returned from injury to finish second in the AMA Motocross Lites point standings, with two overall wins at High Point Raceway and Moto X 338. He also earned six additional podium finishes in the 12 round series
• Raced in the AMA Motocross Series 250cc class earning two podium finishes and a moto win in his rookie season. Missed four races due to injury. Represented South Africa at the Motocross of Nations.
• Won four Grands Prix and scored 13 podiums en route to the MX2 World Championship. Represented South Africa at the Motocross of Nations and was named South African Sportsman of the Year.